COURT AGENCY SERVICE
This is a service provided exclusively to Solicitors, who may require representation on behalf of their clients, in cases where they may not be in a position to attend Court hearings or County Registrar sittings themselves.
Download our Agency Instruction Sheet.
Our Court Agency Service will attend to the following matters on behalf of your office:
- Obtaining Court hearing dates for District cases.
- Attending County Registrar Motion Lists and Call over lists for Circuit Court matters.
- Moving applications for Adjournments.
- Moving Applications for Orders of Judgement; Instalment Orders; Access; Maintenance; Attachment of Earnings and all such other applications relating to Court Orders.
- Attending Case progression meetings for Family Law cases.
- Attending on Counsel.
- Maintaining watching briefs.
- Representing Clients at District Court and Circuit Court level and providing detailed reports in relation to the outcome of cases and the evidence tendered to the particular Court.
As most practitioners are aware, the cost to an office of attending a single application is often difficult to justify on economic grounds. In addition it is often difficult to ensure attendance at each Court sitting or application, particularly having regard to the very lengthy Court Lists and the number of times an application may be adjourned or not be reached.
We have representatives in attendance throughout the year at :-
- District Court sittings in Naas, Kildare, Kilcock, Athy, Portarlington and Portlaoise.
- Circuit Court sittings in Naas
We would be delighted to be of assistance to your office and clients in any way we can. In addition we attend and represent our clients personally, without the assistance of Counsel for the vast majority of our own legal work. This is a matter which may be of interest to your office and your clients, particularly in relation to the costs associated with Court representation.
Please note that we do not operate a standard fee scale for the provision of this Court Agency Service. We appreciate that most practitioners will have agreed a fee in advance with their clients, and will wish to be paid for the initial attendances and advice given to these clients. In those circumstances we are willing to either;
(a) Agree a fee based on the initial quotation to your client which will take into account the work carried out not only by your firm but also by our office on your behalf;
(b) Agree a fee with you in advance based on the type of application/representation required by your office.
Your client(s) remains at all times exactly that – your client(s). However you can be assured that the service provided will be of the highest standard and will only be dealt with by qualified Solicitors who have many years experience at all Court levels.
We litigate on behalf of clients and we are successful.
Our results show it.