Family Law

Burns Nowlan Solicitors are on the panel of Private Practitioners who provide Family Law services under the legal aid scheme. If you need to make an application to the District Court under the Domestic Violence Act, or need to make an application for access or maintenance, you can apply for a Legal Aid Certificate and have Matthew Byrne appointed to act on your behalf.

To make an application please visit your local legal aid board.

Law Centre
Canning Place
Co. Kildare

Tel: +353 45 435 777

Criminal Law

If you are summoned to the District Court or Circuit Court in relation to a criminal offence, you may be entitled to apply for legal aid. Unlike Family Law, legal aid for Criminal Law is assigned by the Judge, so you are not required to obtain a certificate at your local legal aid board. Legal aid will be assigned based on your income and the seriousness of the offence.

Please complete this statement of means form if you require criminal legal aid and contact Matthew Byrne from our office. He is a member of the criminal legal aid panel and should you be charged with an offence, he will apply for legal aid on your behalf.

Statement of Means

We litigate on behalf of clients and we are successful.

Our results show it.

Scroll to Top